Until December 15th, we’ll be playing once a week at the Malešice rink, weather permitting:
every Wednesday, 8:00 — 10:00 PM
We will/might be meeting at the the usual spot, exit of Depo Hostivař metro station at 30 minutes before the game, or just come directly to the rink.
You can also follow our Twitter feed for more spur of the moment games – click over there on the right!
Rules, grabbed from NYC Bike Polo and altered by TheMicah
1. We’ll play 3 a side
2. Goals are set 1 bike length apart
3. Each game lasts 10 minutes, or until one team scores 5 goals
4. A goal is only scored by a mallet-end strike, not a sweep, kick or bounce from another part
5. Any bike with any gearing may be used
6. Like-like contact is allowed, but intentional or grievous like-unlike contact results in being kicked out for the rest of the game
7. Costumes and fake blood are allowed
8. Substance use/abuse will be tolerated
9. The ball remains in play if bounced off an object/person outside the field of play
10. The ball remains in play if passed through the goal from the reverse side
11. The field of play shall be 40 cubits by 80 cubits. Or about the size of 2 tennis courts, if we can find them
12. Automatic time out in case of compound fracture or muscle detachment. Otherwise, no time outs
13. No ground contact is allowed. If you touch, you have to tap back in.
14. Regulation mallets = aluminum ski poles with plastic gas pipe. No golf clubs, no sharp shit sticking out