Here we are in the honeymoon period in our relationship with bike polo here at PrahaFixed, and big goals are on the horizon. With our trading cards out and a stat board on the way, we have more motivation to aim for Geneva. We also just need to “Prove it”. If not to prove that our candid self belittling can swing to jest, we must prove that surviving Prague by bike in winter is not a lighthearted activity, but rather a bleary-eyed rite of passage. The more we clog these narrow cobbled avenues, the more we claim our rightful space to ride. Riding these streets daily is a small dose of cycling activism. We profit in mind and body while the city is reminded of alternative means of transport. This fruitful goal of fighting mother nature will require substantial commitment over the winter. It means early Saturday mornings where hangovers are put to rest by freezing hands and feet on the polo court followed by group rides and beers. As the day is now ending at 430 when sunny, and earlier when the Prague-fog looms two meters above our heads, these early rising times are necessary. Steaming heads will coincide with the foggy minds felt after too many Gambos. The next few months of winter practice will separate the men from the boys, the committed from the lingering, and the irrational from the easy chairs. It is a call to arms. Who will rep our community this winter? And who will rep Prague in the tourneys next year?
- Three Way Street: Douchecrime in New York City http://wp.me/pFtFp-hZ 5 years ago
- More to fear on Prague streets: the rise of the Volvo driver! https://prahafixed.wordpress.com/2011/04/20/volvo-douche-bag/ 5 years ago
- Nice video! http://wp.me/pFtFp-hU 5 years ago
- #E. coli III or Beware the Bike Culture! http://bit.ly/lcO2Sj WTF email and polo continues unamasturbated in Prague! 5 years ago
- Hey all you wankers! or E-coli III - Beware The Culture http://wp.me/pFtFp-hO 5 years ago