So, it has been brought to our attention that it’s “not fair” if we know the route of the alleycat and don’t publicize it. Since Rob and I are technically riding the race as well, I guess that’s a fair observation (even if there isn’t any prize, just bragging rights for teh whole of the Prague Fixie community!) The thing is, while Rob has sweet daylight hours to practice cutting off pedestrians and “killing it” across town, I (like many of you?) am usually indoors all day. Life isn’t fair, Micah, so here goes my little concession to teh fair.
Most times, the endpoints are decided and the checkpoints announced. It’s up to the individual cleverness of the rider and his/her familiarity with the city to find the fastest route. We also want this to be a fun group ride, however, so here are the checkpoints:
1. At 16:00 on Saturday we will all meet at U Veverka in Hradcany (Eliasova 14) and get “hydrated” for the ride.
2. The first checkpoint will be at the main entrance to Vystavste
3. The second checkpoint will be at the Libensky most tram stop
4. The third checkpoint will be at Staromestke namesti, at the Hus statue
5. The finish point will be handed out on paper at Staromak, but it is less than 2 km away according to Google maps.
Again, everyone is welcome to ride, but bragging rights can only be awarded to fixed or single speed riders.